Saturday, September 19, 2015

Super simple beer bread recipe






We don't eat a ton of bread, but I do love me some carbs. I had a pumpkin beer that I didn't finish the other night (shame on me) and we saved it to use later on. I'm so glad I did! We decided to make some beer bread. It is so simple, takes only 5 minutes to prepare and an hour to bake AND I didn't even need a loaf pan. Great success. It's hearty, delicious, and holds up well. You could even mix it all in the loaf pan if you wanted to eliminate mess.







We used this amazing bread fresh out of the oven with butter and starfruit preserves and then again this morning under avocado and Pumpkin Eggs Bennie and it worked wonderfully. It got super crunchy on the outside when I toasted it. Yum!

You will need


  • 3 Cups of Flour ( I used whole wheat and did not sift it. I did do some reading though, and sifting is recommended. You can also use self-rising flour
  • 3 ½ teaspoons of baking powder ( you don't need this if you use self-rising!)
  • 1 teaspoon of salt ( you also don't need salt if you use self-rising flour)
  • 3-4 Tablespoons Sugar (4 makes a very sweet bread!)
  • 1 ½ cups of beer ( I used a pumpkin beer, but any kind should do)
  • 2 Tablespoons of melted butter ( I used this on top for a very crunchy crust, but you can add it into the dough also for an all around softer loaf)



Directions
I used my kitchenmaid stand mixer with the dough hook attachment but hands or a wooden spoon would also work!

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  2. Combine all dry ingredients
  3. Mix in beer
  4. Knead if you desire
  5. Shape dough ( if you're using a loaf pan you don't have to worry as much, but I just free formed a round loaf and it came out great)
  6. Drizzle butter over the top if you didn't incorporate it into the dough
  7. Bake approximately one hour. 



    Enjoy!
-Dr. P

No comments:

Post a Comment